Internal communication is the process of sharing information and ideas within an organization. It is essential for any manufacturing company that wants to streamline its operations and achieve growth.
Effective internal communication can help to:
- Improve employee engagement and productivity
- Reduce errors and rework
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Increase innovation
- Boost morale and culture
Metrics regarding how internal communication has brought about improvement
- A study by the Gallup Organization found that companies with highly engaged employees have a 17% higher productivity rate and 21% higher profitability than companies with less engaged employees.
- A study by the Aberdeen Group found that companies with effective internal communication have a 27% lower turnover rate than companies with poor internal communication.
- A study by the Boston Consulting Group found that companies with a strong culture of innovation are 60% more likely to achieve above-average profitability.
Importance in the B2B Manufacturing
Internal communication is especially important in the B2B manufacturing industry, where complex products and processes are often involved. Employees need to be well-informed and coordinated to produce high-quality products and services on time and within budget.
In addition, B2B manufacturing companies often have a global workforce, which can make internal communication even more challenging. However, there are several tools and technologies available to help companies overcome these challenges and improve their internal communication.
Here are some strategies for improving internal communication in a manufacturing company:
- Use multiple channels. Employees should be able to receive information through a variety of channels, such as email, company intranet, social media, and face-to-face meetings.
- Tailor messages to the audience. Messages should be tailored to the specific needs and interests of the target audience. For example, messages for production floor workers may need to be shorter and simpler than messages for executives.
- Be clear and concise. Messages should be clear, concise, and easy to understand. Avoid using jargon and technical terms that employees may not be familiar with.
- Be transparent and honest. Employees appreciate it when management is transparent and honest about the company’s performance and plans.
- Encourage feedback. Employees should be encouraged to provide feedback on the company’s products, services, and operations. This feedback can be used to improve the company’s performance and make employees feel more valued.
Effective internal communication is essential for any manufacturing company that wants to streamline its operations and achieve growth. By implementing the strategies above, companies can improve employee engagement, productivity, and customer satisfaction.
Read about how OUTSMART helped streamline global content operations for industrial technology leader.